#TeaTime Rewind: Book Relationships (Episode #70)

Hey there, crumpets, and welcome to our first ever #TeaTime rewind blog post! For those of you who don't know, #TeaTime is a weekly (bi-weekly in the summertime) YouTube livestream with two of the most awesome girls from Epic Reads, Margot and Aubry. In addition to running the Epic Reads blog, they also take time out of their week to host the livestream videos where they cover all sorts of topics such as book boyfriends, books that changed your view on the world, and our personal favorite...Theo James Appreciation Day. 




This week on #TeaTime (Episode #70), the topic was BOOK RELATIONSHIPS. (You can watch the episode by clicking HERE!) Aubry and Margot brought up some interesting questions and topics, so here's what Amber and I had to say about everything! 


*Favorite opening lines in YA books:

Jessica: This is a hard one for me because I read so many books that I lose track of what line goes with what book, but I'll give it a shot. I know it sounds super cliche because The Fault in Our Stars is super popular right now, but it's always been one of my favorite books and I really do enjoy the opening line:

"Late in the winter of my seventeenth year, my mother decided I was depressed, presumably because I rarely left the house, spent quite a lot of time in bed, read the same book over and over, ate infrequently and devoted quite a bit of my abundant free time to thinking about death."

Eesh. What a way to start a love story.

Amber: Okay, I have to pick one. *stares at book shelf* There is one that happen to stick with me for a while now. Maybe because it involves food? Not really sure on that one. But I do love this book, here is the opening line from White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout: 


"There was a demon in McDonald's." 

Well then, that leaves your mind up to a million different possibilities! 



*Favorite graphic novels:

Jessica: I'm going to be a very bad book nerd and confess that I do NOT read graphic novels. >.< But if you guys have any good ones you think I should try, comment them down below and I'll check them out!

Amber: I never read them. But I had my eyes on some for a while now. I just need a break between ARCs and book tours to try some out! I am very excited though for the Legend graphic novel by Marie Lu! *fangirls because it is one of my favorite book seires*




*YA relationships and who's your book lover:

Jessica: As geeky as it is, I'm still in love with James Stark from the House of Night trilogy (*swoon*), but another suuuper hot book boyfriend would definitely be Warner from the Shatter Me trilogy. (Thumbs up to Aubry for agreeing with me!)

Amber: ....Lover? As in singular? Well I can't do that so I am going to list some. Kaiden Rowe (Sweet Evil Triolgy), Warner (Shatter Me trilogy) , Day (Legend trilogy), Dimitri (Vampire Academy), Adrian (Bloodlines), Thad (Nil), Aiden (Covenant series), Seth (Titan series), Roth (The Dark Elements), Dante (Dante Walker trilogy), Tod (Soul Screamers), and lastly Maxon (The Selection trilogy)


*swoons*



Question of the week: If you could pick a book to turn into an amusement park, what book would it be?

Jessica: For me, it's a tie between a Dorothy Must Die themed amusement park and a super-thrilling Dauntless themed amusement park. Seriously, how cool would either of those be?

Amber: Dorothy Must Die themed would be awesome. How about we take pieces of all our favorite YA and put them together? 


Yes, at a Dauntless amusement park you get to jump off trains!



Some of YOUR #TeaTime Rewind thoughts: 
anastasiagirl1342's #TeaTime Rewind (YouTube)
Bubbly and Bookish's #TeaTime Rewind (Blog)

(Psst...to have your #TeaTime rewind blog post/video for the week featured in the list, just drop the link in the comments down below!)

The next episode of #TeaTime is Wednesday, August 13th @ 3:45PM, so we hope to see you all then!


No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️