Review: Because of Low by Abbi Glines

Title: Because of Low (Sea Breeze #2) 
Author: Abbi Glines
Genre: Young Adult (?), Romance
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: October 6th 2012
Add it to Goodreads / Buy it on Amazon

Summary: 
Playboy Cage owns the apartment, and he hosts a revolving door of people, in and out, at all times. Most of them are long-legged hot girls who are never there more than a night or two. When Cage’s new roommate, Marcus, enters the picture, he’s just looking to nurse a broken heart. But there’s one particular semi-frequent regular who catches his eye. Willow—“Low”—is the one Cage wants to marry. But the two of them are night and day, and Marcus can’t see how Low puts up with all of Cage’s womanizing. What she really needs is a real man....like good-looking and sensible Marcus. But that’s going to get real complicated and real messy—real fast.

I liked Because of Low much better then Breathe. I just wanted to put that out there for the fact that my review of Breathe wasn't very positive. I read both books back to back, both in a few hours. There is something about romances that make me devour them in a few hours. Abbi Glines novels are easily becoming a bit of an addiction of mine. I have other things I need to read and all I keep doing is debating on reading the next book in the Sea Breeze series. 


I was excited to read about Marcus, we saw how Sadie messed with his head a bit in Breathe and I wanted him to be happy. He is such a sweet and caring character, but at the same time he can be sexy. (Plus he is really good with kids!!) I typically don't like reading in the male point of view, but I didn't mind it much with Marcus. I think he may be one of my new book boyfriends (not that I have enough already...) The story is also told in the point of view of Low, who I did like very much. My heart really breaks for what she had to go through in her life, especially with her sister who could care less about her well being. But Marcus and Low are incredibly adorable. I am a bit bummed their story is over now. *sigh* 


The romance is were I had a problem. It wasn't as big as big of an issue as it was in Breathe, but this book also suffers from a case of instalove, which was frustrating because I knocked a star of its rating for that. I do like that Low and Marcus admit that they developed feelings fast, so it wasn't that bad. I loved the romance though. They were really sweet together. The sex scene felt a little rushed, but under the circumstances I can see why. But Abbi does have a knack for writing some heart melting scenes.


Overall this one was much better then Breathe. I felt the characters to be more real as well as the romance. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to continue on in this series, because 1) the covers are really awesome *wink* and 2) I liked Abbi's writing style. 

RATING: 

1 comment

  1. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed this one more than the first book and that despite the insta love, you really liked the book.
    Great review Amber!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️